Development & Commercial Conversions
There is an annual shortage of approximately 300,000 homes in the UK which presents opportunities to property developers to increase provision. Development strategies ranging from new builds to commercial conversions and converting air space are all profitable. With the help of real-life examples, this course provides a detailed overview of investment in property developments and conversions, understanding the unique processes and timescales, and what is involved.
- Understanding of the various parties involved in property development and your role as an investor and/or developer.
- Development formats including new build, permitted development, change of use etc.
- The role of the local authority and planning obligations (e.g. S106 & CIL)
- Pitfalls and things to look out for e.g. restrictions such as listed buildings, conservation areas and planning policies.
- How to source and find the right development opportunities.